Michael had his 9-month well-baby checkup yesterday with a new pediatrician. This office is definitely not as sophisticated as Kaiser's; for one, they had to manually inspect a chart to figure out Michael's percentiles!
- [stat (nurse's percentile reading; online calculator's percentile)]
- 29 inches long (75%; 67%)
- 19 lbs, 12 oz. (50%; 32%)
- Head circumference 46.2 cm (75%; 70%)
The doc commented that Michael sure has a lot of teeth (believe me, I know!). He said Michael would make a lot of other babies jealous. I think it's kind of strange that Michael got 6 teeth all within about 2 months or so of each other starting around 4-5 months, and he hasn't had any new teeth come in for a few months now.
Michael passed inspection.
ETA: I just found out why there was such a discrepancy in the weight percentiles -- the nurse must have been using a
growth chart for breastfed babies.
No comments:
Post a Comment