Thursday, July 26, 2012

Vitamix!


Ben relented and let me purchase a Vitamix!  (I counted it as last year's birthday and Christmas present.  ;-) )  I've been wanting one for a loooong time (at least a year), but it's expensive blender and I had trouble believing (or convincing Ben) that any blender is worth that much money.

So I sat on my urge for awhile, but after awhile I did my due diligence and started researching it, going to Costco and Wiliams-Sonoma to see the Vitamix demos.  The biggest sell for me was that it's really easy to clean.  I don't use my regular blender all that much because it's a pain to dismantle, and I realized that what it would take for me to use my blender more often was that it would need to be easy to clean.

When we moved and Williams Sonoma mailed a 10% off coupon, I knew it was time.  I bought the Pro 300.

The Vitamix is much better than my other blender.  I made my "faux-tatoes" out of cauliflower the other day, which was always a chore in the other blender (couldn't tamp down the cauliflower, and it would get too thick to blend well, even with the addition of yogurt).  The Vitamix handled it in seconds, even without the yogurt.  I've also made nut butters, which is impossible in my other blender.


What else makes it worth it for me is that Michael is finally eating his vegetables!  He ate the mashed cauliflower, he ate a lot of what I can only describe as "ratatouille puree," and this morning he ate a broccoli/cauliflower/spinach/carrot/garlic/lemon/olive oil/nutritional yeast puree.  I myself find this adult baby food comforting to eat, even though it sounds unappetizing when I type it out.  I wish he would eat whole foods and get used to textures, but I'm not going to let the perfect be the enemy of the good.  He's eating something other than fruit and cheese and nuts, so I'll take it.


** Michael turned this background text white.  I don't know how he did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment