Monday, April 1, 2013

Gratitude Journal, week of 3/25/13

Well, here's my last entry into the gratitude journal.  I remembered almost every day of Lent to do this; I at least stuck to this one much better than my "no cheese" sacrifice, sadly, which I failed to adhere to for about the last two weeks.

3/25/13
  1. Jen hooked me up with my first gallon of raw cow's milk, aww yeah.  It's soooo creamy and the cream is a beautiful yellow.
  2. The cows are Jerseys and not Holsteins (a newer breed with lower levels of A2 beta casein and higher levels of A1 beta casein)
  3. I was all ready to order beef heart to try to make some homemade pemmican, when I saw that Slanker Farms has pre-sliced, uncooked lean jerky meat.  I called and it was from, I believe, eye of round and inside round cuts.  Perfect.
3/26/13
  1. Teresa and her three youngest came over to play.  Teresa and her family are amazing.  The kids would ring the bell outside and proclaim "it's time for church!" and say "Here is the homily:  blah blah blah blah blah."
  2. I forgot to do 2 more for today.

3/27/13
  1. I received a great email from a college friend this morning.
  2. Michael slept in.
  3. I got "accepted" into a coop I've been trying to get into for weeks now.

3/28/13
  1. I'm glad I didn't have to go to the HOA meeting.  (Ben went.)
  2. The chicken proposal is gaining momentum!
  3. We got to hang out with two friends today (Jen and Ali and their kids), and Jen and Ali got along well.
  4. I got to work out today, without needing Ben to watch Michael.  (I got the Kindle Fire to watch Michael.)  I seriously don't think Michael noticed I went into the gym for half an hour.
3/30/13
  1. I found out from a neighbor that Ben was arguing my case for the number of allowed chickens, using information from a WWII government pamphlet that we were looking at ("two chickens per person")
  2. We have really nice neighbors, and their little girl was born in August, just a few months older than Michael.  The boys are exceptionally well-behaved, sweet children.
  3. I found an old-fashioned milk man who can deliver milk and eggs and other stuff straight to my doorstep!
  4. Storytime finally resumed.  Only a handful of people today.  Michael has been practicing his storytime rhymes ("ram-sam-sam" and "itsy bitsy spider").
  5. Whole Foods has really fantastic customer service.
  6. It sounds weird to be thankful for a tv show, but Psych is a lot of fun and I'm strangely nostalgic when we watch it.  It's the only show that's still on the air that Ben and I would curl up and unwind to watch at night after school/work and while I was pregnant.
3/31/13
  1. We had a wonderful Easter dinner.  Smoked lamb spare ribs, smoked turkey breast, mashed cauliflower, and chocolate and cheesecake for dessert.  Ben had his chocolate bourbon pecan pie.
  2. Michael had a little trouble with the concept of finding Easter eggs and his basket, but once he realized there was candy inside the first couple, he excitedly went for the rest (only to find stickers).  I'm glad that Michael enjoyed the candies I spent Saturday making and he sort of got how the egg thing works.
  3. Michael has finally learned to blow his nose.  (Not into a tissue, unfortunately.  He just blows and wipes it away with his hand, or on me, if I don't get to him in time with a tissue.)

No comments:

Post a Comment