Sunday, September 29, 2013

Michael is basically a southern woman

Right around the time Michael and I got to Wisconsin (early this month), he adopted a new mannerism.  This saying immediately improves any sentence.  By way of example, here are two instances from today:

Scenario 1 -- we're in the car, listening to "Everywhere That We Go," which is one of those perpetual songs.  The last line of the verse is "And if they can't hear us, we sing a little louder" and it gets repeated.  But the last line of the whole song is "And if they can't hear us... they're deaf!"  Michael's commentary:  "You're deaf, mmm-hmmm, that's right!"

Scenario 2 -- Michael hurts Daddy's nose.  "No, Michael, that's not nice!"  Michael:  "not nice... mm-hmmm, that's right!"

He also like to validate his own opinions.  For example, he'll be sitting down eating some almonds and say something like "I love almonds.  Yup, mm-hmmm, that's right!"  Or he confirms a request.  "I want nummies.  Okay!  Yup, mmm-hmm, that's right."  Or if he knows that it's something that I usually say but he says it instead.  "God bless Booku.  Yup, mm-hmmm, that's right."

No comments:

Post a Comment