I got back after 1 a.m. after a long delay at O'Hare. We boarded the plane two hours late. Then, due to a false alarm with the engine and waiting twice to get de-iced, we ended up sitting on the plane another two-and-a-half hours before we actually took off. I learned though that there were many cancelled flights (including the flight after ours to Austin) and it got even worse over the next few days, so better late than never. Honestly, it was still easier than traveling with Michael on the smoothest of flights.
I snuggled up to him in the middle of the night after I got home. When he woke up and saw me (after I went to sleep in my own bed), he cried "Mommy!" and excitedly ran into our room.
I had to note this exchange that happened a few nights ago. Michael was taking a shower and Ben and I were waiting in the bathroom for him to finish. I was sad and tearful, and Michael kept barking at Ben repeatedly from the shower, "Be careful, Daddy! Be careful, Daddy!"
Ben: "Okay!"
Michael: "Now give Mommy hug."
(Ben hugs me)
Michael: "There we go." (pause) "Now give Mommy hug again."
(hug)
Michael: "There we go."
It's impossible to be sad around Michael.
No comments:
Post a Comment