Sunday, June 19, 2011

Update from WI

It's great having help cleaning up after Michael during the day!

Confession is good for the soul, right?  I'm a terribly mommy.  Michael and I were taking a nap together, and I got up before him and sat in the room at the computer for awhile so I could get him when he woke up (so he wouldn't fall off the bed).  Then I thought "Well, I can be in the room and set up the co-sleeper bassinet so at least I'm being productive" so I ran downstairs to grab my dad for help setting it up with the intention of returning right away upstairs.  In the short time I was downstairs, I heard a wail and I ran upstairs to make sure I got him before he rolled off the bed, but I saw the bed was empty and I think I screamed because my dad came running upstairs and told me to calm down.  Michael was face down on the carpet next to the bed.  I don't think he hit anything on the way down.  He was shocked, but he calmed down fairly quickly and isn't any worse for the wear.  I felt absolutely terrible, though.

The co-sleeper is set up now, though.  We joked that you need a PhD in engineering to assemble it, which is why Ben could, but we were struggling since Dad and I only have Masters degrees in engineering.

I gave Michael a bath yesterday in one of those big kitchen basins that Dominic used when he was a wee lad. Michael had such a blast splashing the water, and then he practiced pulling himself up!  He wasn't quite standing, but he did get on his feet while hunched over, and then fell down right away.  He did that twice.  Once he manages to pull himself up, I won't be able to use the co-sleeper anyway.  :-( 

This is the second Father's Day that I've been away from Ben, visiting family in Wisconsin.  (I was pregnant last year, so I think that still counts!)  Here is one of the pictures I emailed him.

Michael donning a NHL onesie of Ben's (second?) favorite team, the Detroit Redwings.  They might be promoted to Ben's favorite team, since the San Jose Sharks will no longer be the local favorite and Austin doesn't have an NHL team.

My half-brother Jimmy called my dad to wish him a happy Father's Day, and I had a pleasant conversation with him.  We hadn't actually spoken in awhile, probably since before Ben and I were married, except brief correspondences through snail mail.  My dad keeps me updated on him and his family though, so I knew that they recently had a cross-country move for work also, from New Jersey to Minnesota.

No comments:

Post a Comment