Michael's meals are "edutainment" -- at least, it makes all the time and cleanup more tolerable if I think of it that way! It's less time I have to spend entertaining him, because he's playing and learning on his own.
He's made visible progress in his motor skills. For example, his pincer grasp is developing quicker than I expected. He can pick up a delicate hard-boiled egg yolk without crushing it, but he still has trouble unfurling his fingers around it and actually getting it into his mouth. He usually crushes the yolk at that point and tastes the yolk crumbs that are stuck to his fingers. This morning I gave him some canned red salmon (btw... I fear I can never go back to canned pink salmon... red is divine! I normally buy pink, but red was all we had left in the house) and he managed to pick up chunks of salmon without it flaking apart. (Michael likes red sockeye salmon more than pink, too!)
Michael is great with handling a spoon, in theory. In practice, he usually sticks the wrong end in his mouth. :-) He rarely accidentally drops food on the floor anymore, but sometimes he does intentionally to let me know he's done! The other "done" cue? "Up arms." He reaches out for me when he wants to be picked up. He does it in his Exersaucer, too. It's sweeter than crying. :-)
He's also teething again! I caught it this time without my mom's help.
No comments:
Post a Comment