We had a great time in Wisconsin, visiting Gramma and Grampa and Uncle Dominic. (I really miss having someone who can take care of Michael when I am trying to cook or want to go out and take a walk or whatever. I also miss having help cleaning up the dishes and his messes!) In the three weeks we were in Wisconsin, Michael perfected sitting up on his own indefinitely without wobbling over, and he went from two naps a day to just one. (sigh) He loved all the attention from my family!
Our visit also overlapped with his eight-month birthday! These were taken on the 6th.
![]() |
| "Practicin' my spitball." |
We were in the very last row on our flight to Texas. It was just four seats across (with an aisle down the middle) and no one else was in the back row, which meant the area affected by Michael's screaming was cut by more than half. He was a bit bored on the plane but fell asleep while I was swaying with him in the aisle, just in time for the turbulent landing. He hated the car ride though from San Antonio to Austin! Too much car seat for one little boy.
We went to a Farmer's Market on Saturday. Texas Farmer's Markets have far less produce and far more meat and animal products than in California (or Wisconsin). I picked up some really old, nearly rotting chard (won't make that mistake again) and tomatoes and zucchini (both of which were alright), some grass-fed beef, organic eggs from pastured chickens, kombucha tea, and strawberry cream cheese. It was a neat, eclectic selection of vendors. Unfortunately, it looks like I'm going to have to do most of my produce shopping in grocery stores again. How unhip!
People here have Texas accents, shockingly. This will be the first place I've ever lived where the locals have accents. ;-)



No comments:
Post a Comment