Monday, March 12, 2012

New house!

We made an offer on a house and it got accepted!  Here are the specs:
http://www.meritagehomes.com/search/austin-tx/cedar-ridge-estates/crosby---cedar-ridge-1412/ .  Ignore the price, it's pretty meaningless.  We don't even know what the final price is yet.

We were a little late in the process so we didn't get to customize it as much as we'd like, because they already started building on that lot.  Most significantly, we would've gotten an entirely different floorplan (the Austin as opposed to the Crosby).  We also didn't get to change the cabinets and a few other things (like we had to get the fireplace, which we didn't want).

We are getting the study on the first floor, the covered patio, bay window in the master bedroom, and the optional bath 4 on the second floor.  We added and changed a bunch more minor things today at the "design center" where we finalized our selections:  more outlets, nicer sink, slightly different color scheme... we even got to choose the grout color from the "grout book," which I thought was amusing.  It's a little portfolio of grout chips.  I had no idea this was even something people chose.  Every house I go into now, I'm going to examine the grout and think about how someone consciously picked it out.  Goodbye, blissful ignorance.

No comments:

Post a Comment