Sunday, March 3, 2013

Gratitude Journal, week of 2/25/13



2/25/13
  1. Two and a half hours at Zilker Park!
  2. We finally rode the train at the park.
  3. Got to see Mark again before he went bye-bye.

2/26/13
  1. Saw Ben briefly at lunch.
  2. Michael spiked a fever up to 103.0 degrees.  I'm not grateful for that, but I took him to see a doctor, and she reassured me that he's going to be okay despite the shaking and rapid heart beat, which are both normal for a fever that high.  She said he has a viral infection, so I am grateful that I didn't have to debate antibiotics with anyone.  (We did give him Tylenol to bring the fever down before he went to sleep, which was tough for me but he was still almost 103.)
  3. Sick Michael means lots of cuddling.

2/27/13
  1. I have a nice house to be stuck in all day.
  2. My friend gave me a very detailed and helpful response to an inquiry.
  3. Michael's fever is low-grade, so no aspirin tonight. 

2/28/13
  1. Fever went away, much sooner than expected!  No fever this morning or all day.  Doctor had said something about it would lower in 3-4 days, but it was totally gone in two!  Rest, rest, chicken broth, rest, num-nums, frozen raspberries, and cod liver oil.  (Okay, and Tylenol that first night.)
  2. Michael is/was not congested.  It makes it so much harder when he can't breathe through his nose, especially at night.
  3. Ben found some canned tomatoes that are legal in my diet so we could make Fra Diavalo sauce, an old favorite.  I had the leftover sauce tonight as tomato soup.

3/1/13
  1. We finally made it out of the house after two days of taking it easy inside while Michael recovered.  (Went to the library for storytime and Whole Foods.)
  2. Michael made several new signs today for the ECI therapist that I've never seen him do before:  "open," "help," "your turn."  He also has been practicing Itsy Bitsy Spider and Ram-Sam-Sam on his own.
  3. No waiting at the long light on William Cannon coming home.
  4. Ben was happy that I made his favorite dish tonight (BBQ Shrimp) and that I remembered to pick up some sourdough bread at Whole Foods.

3/2/13 - forgot!  In my defense, I caught a mild version of whatever Michael has so I've been feeling under the weather.

3/13/13
  1. Dr. Seuss apps are on sale, so Michael is loving replaying his favorite page on Hop on Pop.
  2. Ben watched Michael for several hours outside while I putzed around in here, ricing cauliflower and making fermented veggies and other stuff. 
  3. Cheeeeeeeeeese!
  4. Michael slept in almost two hours, so I had a fairly productive morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment