Monday, March 18, 2013

Gratitude Journal, week of 3/11/13



3/11/13
  1. I'm glad I didn't end up buying clams at Whole Foods yesterday.  Central Market had them already shelled and gave me some clam juice for free!  A bottle usually runs $3-4.  So I got a much better deal on the clams.
  2. My GAPS dairy-free clam chowder was actually surprisingly good.
  3. I recently discovered how awesome the "wet chop" on the Vitamix is.  I can rice cauliflower in a minute, rather than having to use a grater.

3/12/13
  1. Got to hang out with Jen and River.  Jen brought over some garden-fresh chard and water kefir grains, which was wonderful.
  2. I got to pick up my cod liver oil from the co-op buy from a much more convenient location, about 5 minutes away from my house.
  3. Michael had a great therapy session and blew on a horn that makes a duck sound for the first time.  He was delighted and couldn't get enough of it.

3/13/13
  1. Finally made it to Wheatsville.  They have an interesting, eclectic bulk tea selection.  I'm looking forward to them opening the South location.
  2. My water kefir grains from Jen seem alive.
  3. One of my neighbors is on board with voting "aye" for permitting chickens in our CCR. That's only, what, 13 more to go or something?

3/15/13
  1. Ben's sister and her family came to stay with us while they visited Austin.
  2. Michael got to play with his cousins.
  3. Costco has cheap Kerrygold butter.

3/16/13
  1. We had a nice visit with the Smiths.  They are a very cute family and we're happy they could come over.
  2. I talked to Dominic tonight.  He got a college scholarship!
  3. I managed to sneak some liver into Michael's soup and he ate some.  Liver is hard to disguise and to get him to eat.

3/17/13
  1. Pope FRANCIS.  It's about time!
  2. Our backyard is great.  It's big, it's wooded, we've got a neat playscape, and there are lots of things to hit with a stick.  I appreciate having a nice backyard on days I don't feel like driving to a park.
  3. Michael is grateful for belly buttons, and so am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment