3/4/13
- Late morning for Michael and me. We both got up at 10. That's the one upside to us both being sick.
- We finally made it outside, to a park!
- Ginger tea. So soothing for sore throats.
3/5/13
- We met up with friends at the park.
- I finally went to Confession, thus fulfilling one of the five necessary and minimum requirements to be a Catholic (attend confession once during Lent).
- Michael has made some improvements in his language skills. He seems to know almost all his letters, if not all of them. He was repeating "dada" on command back to Ben. He's signing more (and not just "more").
3/6/13 -- I forgot to record, but I do remember....
- Michael had a great day at therapy -- no crying, and I'm told there was a lot of vocal imitating.
3/7/13
- Michael has been imitating a lot the last two days, and I got to see it quite a bit. He tried to say "soup," "food," "eggs," "mama," and was willing to try anything I threw his way.
- Lots of raw, fresh goat milk today!
- Almost two hours at the park.
- Michael slept in late.
3/8/13
- Michael is continuing to imitate lots of sounds and actions. He's spontaneously practicing "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "Ram Sam Sam" by himself.
- Michael is such a happy child, and I'm glad that he shares his glee with me.
- I'm grateful that my friend lent me a book.
3/10/13
- We finally got an oil change in the little car.
- I got a free tomato plant at the farmer's market to kill.
- Michael stayed in Ben's lap/arms for the whole mass service yesterday. Usually he gets cranky around the homily and we have to take him outside.
- My plants, though unhappy, are not necessarily dead. I took them outside and watered and fertilized them today.
- The cashier at Whole Foods told me something I didn't know -- that clams are alive and need to breathe and will die overnight in the fridge, thus saving me an expensive lesson because I was buying clams for tomorrow night.
- I'm grateful for talented people -- dancers, artists, musicians, and so on -- who entertain us.
No comments:
Post a Comment