Monday, February 18, 2013

At the Science and Nature Center

Michael did not want to leave the owl.  I picked him up, set him down far away, and he ran right back over.  Future Rice student, like his daddy?
River:  "If I'm not mistaken, these fish are in the cichlidae family."   Michael:  "Oh yes, dear River, I agree with your taxonomic evaluation.  Observe how the lower pharyngeal bones are fused into a simple tooth-bearing structure.  Just like Wikipedia says."
"River is wading in the river.  I need to find a nice rock to sit on to ponder this recursive event and come up with some sort of  hackneyed Inception joke."

"These bones won't fit in Mommy's stock pot."

River played "one of these things on the table is not like the other" while Michael is looking for edible turtle meat.  The good stuff is next to the bone!  Okay, I admit I can't tell what he's holding.

"They stuck a rod in the middle of this one.  What a waste of a ball."

No comments:

Post a Comment