Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Michael's diet turnaround

Michael has turned into the pickiest toddler ever into an adventurous eater.  He had a spinach quiche and soup for breakfast; and lamb liver pate, a fermented carrot stick, and fermented cod liver oil for lunch.  All this without having to bribe him with anything!  He dove right in and has been eating like a champ.  (I caved and let him play the Kindle as a reward anyway, since I had to clean up.)  Last few days he's been snacking on sauteed lamb kidneys... like, I don't even have to hide the taste of the organ meats in muscle meat.  He's eating straight-up kidneys and liver.

I think yesterday was his first full day of GAPS, and he's on the full diet, not the "intro" diet (if you're familiar with the term) since he's so young.  We're both on full GAPS.  I'm eating dairy, but he's not (for now; maybe he can have kefir, I'm still looking into that).  I'm not eating fruit because of my candida, but he's having a little.

It took a week or so of deprivation, but he seems to have gotten the idea that his only chances to eat are what's in front of him.  I'm also nursing him much less frequently, perhaps every 3-5 hours, whereas a few months ago it was still every 2-3 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment