Michael's 6 month appointment was on Monday the 9th. He weighed 16 pounds, 11 ounces, and was about 2 feet 3 inches long with a head circumference of 17 inches. He's dropped in the percentiles for his weight and height: at his 2 month appointment, he was 58% for weight; 4 month, 48%; now, 34%. Two month height was 87%; 4 month, 83%; now, 61%. Head circumference has been fairly steady.
The pediatrician was a little concerned, but I'm not. This is one of those situations where too much information can be a bad thing, in my opinion! He seems perfectly happy and healthy to me, and if I was ignorant of those stats I wouldn't suspect anything could be wrong. I've been feeding him on demand, so I have no reason to believe he's malnourished.
I like to think God slowed his growth down a little so I can hold him a little longer!
(Speaking of which, this morning, I carried him for a little walk around the block and he fell asleep in my arms. I don't even know when it happened because he was wearing his super slick shades.)
He got his shots and had no adverse reactions, thankfully, other than the initial screaming and looking at me like "why are you allowing this to happen to me??" On our way out the vaccination clinic, we ran into the other young family with whom we took the Bradley childbirth classes (Monique, Jeremy, and baby Brielle). Brielle was getting her shots right after Michael. Even though Monique was due almost 3 weeks ahead of me, our babies were born just one day apart!
No comments:
Post a Comment