Another milestone I would have missed if not for my mom and Skype: Michael can now sit up!
As of his 6 month birthday, he was mostly able to sit supported in his booster seat, but he needed the restraints because he'd slump over. At his 6 month well-baby appointment, I asked the pediatrician whether it was unusual for him to not be sitting up on his own, and she checked and he was doing a "tricycle" (her phrase) where he was able to prop himself up by putting his hands out in front of him.
Around the time of the checkup (as in, just a few days after his 6 month birthday), Michael started sitting in his booster seat without slumping, which is basically when I started offering him solids.
I never checked if he was able to sit up on his own until my mom asked last night. I sat him down on the big playmat, and he sat on his own (without using his hands to support himself) and, after awhile, slumped over. He did one cute maneuver where he sat up, put his hands in front of him, then pulled his legs out so that he was on his belly. I'm not even sure I could do that!
Also, his top two center teeth erupted within two days of each other. The second one officially erupted yesterday. Babies are cuter when they're toothless. :-(
I totally agree about toothless being cuter! It's always a sad day for me when the teeth come in. I was glad that Evan took so long to get any (10+months).
ReplyDelete