Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Michael eating last night's drumsticks and cabbage

I've read that chicken drumsticks are a good finger food for babies... they come with automatic handles, and are more iron-rich than chicken breasts. Ben and I normally only eat chicken breasts, so we had to find a new recipe for drumsticks. I modified this Indian Tomato Chicken recipe slightly (I only have ground cinnamon and whole cardamom pods, no salt) and cooked it in the cast-iron skillet to further increase the amount of iron.

Michael went nuts with the drumstick when we handed it to him -- I wish we caught the first couple minutes on camera when he tore it to shreds! What's in his hand after the video starts had already been dismantled by him.

I also cooked up some cabbage that I picked up from the Farmer's Market that day.

Video after the jump... yes, I have a silly bib. I was wearing a lovely shirt, given to me from my sister-in-law. Also, we have a mat on the floor to catch his droppings, so I wasn't strictly feeding him off the floor.


No comments:

Post a Comment